I wrote this a few weeks ago but never published it. I don't want to erase it though so it just is a little late....
Reagan has been so much fun these past three weeks. I won't lie the first week was rough, healing wasn't going too well for me, but Reagan was SUCH a good baby that it made up for it. I got mastitis and a UTI one week after she was born and that same week a chunk went missing from feeding her {I am not going to write where it went missing from because it is something that I am trying to forget hahaha}. I ended up having to pump on one side for a whole week so it could heal {which it still is not totally back} but things are MUCH better now! The only thing that isn't totally back to normal are my legs. I still can't feel from the top of my knees to my ankles. None of the doctors know exactly what it is from. One says that it is swelling pushing on nerves {I have no obvious swelling so I am not too sure of this one} another doctor thinks that it is trauma from pushing too long and not being able to feel my legs and they got bent too far and caused some damage. {this is the one I think is probably correct}. I am getting used to the numbness, but at night they hurt really bad and I can't walk too far without them starting to tingle and hurt a little. The worst part is that I can't bend down because I can't bend my knees all the way, this makes it difficult to do a few things, but for the most part I am getting used to it and learned to things differently so I don't have to bend at the knee. {Like picking things up with my toes haha I knew that would come in handy some day!!!!}
Reagan is such a good baby. She is a great eater, sleeper, and messer! She eats every three hours during the day and she has a messy diaper after every time she eats! haha she is definitely a Young! Her pediatrician is very impressed by her. He said she exceeds all his expectations! Babies are expected to gain a half ounce a day, but in one week Reagan gained 11 oz!!!! haha I think that all the weight goes to her cheeks and chins because she doesn't have chunks anywhere else yet....{I'm still waiting for her thighs to get a little on them} At this rate I don't think I'll have to wait very long.
So I hope I don't jinx anything, but Reagan is a pretty good sleeper I think. She takes an hour to hour and a half nap after every feeding and she only wakes up once in the night to eat. {if anyone is up from 3 to 4 am just know that I probably am too!!!} Last night I got a little gift and she slept from 11pm to 6 am!! Yes that is a full 7 hours of sleep! It was heavenly I forgot how good if feels to sleep for that long in a row!
Nothing Is Too Small for God : A Miracle
5 weeks ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment