Monday, June 29, 2009

I did it!

I can't believe I made it! I am 1/4 done with nursing school. Only 3/4 left!! haha That still sounds like a lot, but I know it will go by so fast!! Today was my final for my first semester of Nursing School. I finished with a 90%. Which according to Dallin is an A, but according to my school you have to have a 92% to get an A. But Dallin thinks I got an A and that is all that matters he says. No hospital or Doctor's office is going to ask my what grade I got in the first semester. I am just glad I passed! The first semester is the only one that if you fail you have to reapply and wait again to get in. The other semesters they just put you in a different program to repeat the semester. So this means I will not stop till I am done, and hopefully I won't have to repeat a semester.
It was really difficult to get used to the way that the test questions are asked and what to study out of all 10 chapters they assign us every week for the tests!!! Overall I was really happy with my teachers, my classmates, and my grades. I decided that I need to study more (if that is possible) out of the book next semester and not just rely on the power points our teachers give us.
Well now I get a week break, and you better believe I am taking full advantage of it and not touching a book!!! Someone asked before the final what we should study over the break and everyone just laughed cause I am pretty sure most of us will take the break seriously cause next week we are back to school for another long 15 weeks before we get another break!
I have to say what a great husband Dallin has been during this time. The house isn't always the cleanest, dinner isn't always done ontime, my thoughts are always occupied with thoughts about school, but he has been patient with me and worked so hard to support us! Thanks Dallin, I love you!!!

7 comments:

Kimberley said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Now lets go have some fun! See you in 2 days!

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

Whoot whoot to us!! I'm so ready for this break!!

Kelsie Thueson said...

congrats! that's a great accomplishment! I'm glad keeping you up late talking didn't do too much damage :) Happy 1/4 of school done!

Lyndsay said...

Im glad to hear school is going so well!

Leave me a comment with your email and I will be sure to send you an invite to the bead party. Hope you can make it!

April and Mark said...

Yay!! Have an awesome break... see you in block 2!

Cossebooms said...

That's awesome!! I am so happy for you, that you passed. I know you were studying, and concerned about the test. But you did it, good job! Now have fun at Lake Powell.

Anonymous said...

yay!!! go ash! ps- it's been a while. miss ya girl!