Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my Dad's Birthday! I seriously have the BEST Dad in the whole world! He is one of the most kind, selfless, hard working, fun, thoughtful people I know.

He seriously would (and does) go out of his way for anyone to help them if he can. He goes to girls camp, scout camp, helps at the temple every night during the months of November and December, and does it all with a smile. He really helped Dallin and I while we were re-modeling our house. He was here practically everyday helping us paint, chip up tile, clean walls, vacuum, sweep, whatever needed to be done. He is always willing to help his children!
He has so much stuff and is ALWAYS willing and lets people borrow it. He says that is why he has it, is for it to get used. He always thinks of others before himself. I remember one year at girl's camp I was sooo cold and even though I already had on two sweaters he gave me his, leaving him with just a long sleeve shirt on, so that I would be warm.
He has always been such a good example to me of hard work. He started his company from scratch and worked so hard to support his family. I remember him being gone a lot of weekends when I was younger and I know it was hard on him (and my mom) but he did what he needed to, to get his job done. If he could he would take the family with him and while he worked all day we got to go see the sites and have fun!
My dad loves to travel. He loves to go on cruises with my mom and their friends, but I think taking his family on vacations and getting to spend time with them are his favorites. Some of my best and most favorite memories growing up are those when we were on vacation whether it was going to Hawaii, Florida, California, North Carolina, Lake Powell, New York, Virginia, or where ever we were we always had fun and Dad made sure of it! I think my very favorite vacation was the cruise our family took to Jamaica. We spent so much time together and since we were all older we got along really well and had so much fun!
My dad is so thoughtful. He sends his mother flowers every year on his birthday to say thank you to her for his birth and taking care of him growing up. I know my grandma really appreciates this and can really feel of my dad's gratitude.
I love to watch my Dad play with his grand kids. He loves them so much!!! I love when he sings to Paislee to put her to sleep and tickles Adilee and chases Nixon. They all LOVE their "PAPA". They love to sit on his lap while he plays on the computer and love to jump on "PAPA's Tramp". (For some reason they think it is his, not grandma's???)

I am so grateful for my Dad and all he does for Dallin and I and all of our family. I hope you have a GREAT birthday Dad because you DESERVE it!!! I love you!

5 comments:

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

love the post! HaPpY BiRthDaY PaPa (dad)!! We love you!

Cossebooms said...

What a sweet tribute to your Dad!

Tisha and Mark said...

Cute :) Hope things are well. Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Ashley! I need your e-mail so I can send you updates on my cooking classes! e-mail me at nutritionbycalli@gmail.com

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

Ashley! I was just wanting to see what youhave been up to and say hi:) Your dad truly is the nicest person and raised the nicest daughter! Hope everything is going well!