I have been soooo terrible at taking pictures throughout my pregnancy which is obvious due to my lack of posts, and I feel so bad. I wanted to be good at this and take a picture every couple of weeks so I could see my progress, but I was a slacker just like normal! darn it! So I have decided that since I can't go back and change anything I can just start from here and hope that I keep it up now. Hence the reason this post says 28 weeks when in reality I won't be there for another two days. So here is my prego self at (almost) 28 weeks in all its glory.
(This makes me realize that I really should stand up straight more often, maybe that is why my back hurts!!)
I feel huge. This last week especially it seems like my belly has popped. It also seems to be moving up more (which makes sense considering how the uterus actually grows) but I think it makes me look more pregnant now instead of just fat. haha I felt "fat" long enough I am grateful that I now look pregnant. It just started last week that people actually started asking me when I was due. I guess I'll take that as a good thing that it is easy to tell that there is a child inside of me now, not just that I ate a few too many doughnuts.
Reagan is quite the little mover. She dances in my tummy all day long. Dallin loves to poke at her and feel her kick back. She does in on command now. haha he says its "their little game". When I wake up in the morning it is so funny to look down and be able to tell which side of my belly she is on, one side will be flat and the other there is a huge bump... I'll try to remember to take a picture of it some day. Also it is CRAZY to me how much my stomach changes just throughout the day. When I wake up in the morning it seems so small and by the end of the night large is the only word I can think of to describe it!!! but sure enough the next morning it is small again. I'll have to take pictures of that too to compare because it could totally be (and probably is) my imagination.
My doctor said at my last appointment that I am measuring right on track (I was measuring bigger the past two appointments) so I don't need another ultra sound right now. bummer!!!! In our first one she was folded in half (like her feet were by her head) for the whole thing so I now have dreams she is born that way and she can't straighten her legs out..... weird I know. She said that if I was measuring big or small at my next appointment she'll see what she can do about "needing" another one. Also at my next appointment I have to do the glucose tolerance test. I am not looking forward to drinking straight sugar but everyone tells me it isn't too bad, so we'll see how it goes. I have also started going for appointments every two weeks. I love this because I get to hear Reagan's heart beat more and I just love that part of the appointment!
This past week I started my first RN job. I am working on a Cardiac floor at Banner Good Samaritan hospital in Phoenix. I feel very fortunate to have gotten the job that I did. I know that this is where I am supposed to be, even though I am not too sure how the night shift is going to work for me, too many things happened too perfectly for me to doubt for a second whether Heavenly Father's hand was guiding me. The hiring process and past couple of months have had many testimony building experiences for Dallin and I.
Along with the first week at a new job comes orientation. For this job it included Orientation to the hospital, new hire RN orientation, and then three days of computer charting orientation. To say the least I was seating for 8 hours a day at a chair with minimal breaks. My ankles are HUGE!!!! I know I had cankles before, but after that much sitting I couldn't believe how much swelling I had! This weekend I sat with my feet up every second that I could and it has gone down a TON, but I don't think they will ever be back to normal! Man, I didn't think the swelling would start this early. I am scared what the next 12 weeks will bring.
As I said earlier I started working and this week I have my first night shift (tomorrow night actually) so I am trying to switch my sleeping schedule up a bit so that I can stay awake longer at night. I tried to stay up late on Friday, but that didn't work too well. I ended up in bed asleep by 10:30..... not too good. but I woke up early on Saturday so I would be extra tired that night. I did really good for me I went to bed at midnight (that NEVER happens!!) and on Sunday I woke up early again so I would be extra tired and need a Sunday nap. Sure enough I was able to sleep for three hours this afternoon and now it is already midnight and as long as I can keep finding things to do I hope to be able to stay up until 3 or 4 am and wake up early again and need a nap during the day so I can stay up until at least 8 am on Tuesday. I get off at 7:30 am and the drive is just over 20 minutes so I hope I don't fall asleep on the drive! haha Dallin is really nervous that I am going to fall asleep at the hospital and get in trouble. Or that I will be so grumpy and my patients will hate me. I do get really grumpy when I am tired so lets hope that doesn't happen.
Sorry I believe I have sufficiently bored you now with my thoughts, but if you made it this far then you must really love me to read my ramblings like that! Just remember I am trying to stay awake and this is actually really helping!
Nothing Is Too Small for God : A Miracle
5 weeks ago




9 comments:
I didn't think you were ever going to show! So cute!
I LOVE it!! You look so dang cute!! Can't wait to see this baby!!
Yay you look so cute! Like, ridiculously cute, I'm pretty sure I was that size at like 18 weeks haha. I'm so excited for you and happy that everything is just falling into place for you!
You look way cute! And congrats on the job again, I'm sure you'll be great!
Hope things work out well for you switching your sleep schedule. Just find lots of crafty things to make to keep you awake, that should work.
You couldn't bore me with pregnancy stories! I'm so glad I got to hear all about it. You look wonderful, and I can't wait to meet her!
I saw your comment on Heidi's blog and came to check out your blog. Love the cute belly!
I hope the night shift is treating you well and that you are enjoying your new job.
Awe Ashley I love the pregnant belly! You look so beautiful!
You look too cute- and you are not huge!!! I would know! (:
Post a Comment