Friday, March 27, 2009

back to school...

So this week was my first day back to school in almost a year!!! It wasn't as hard to get back into the studying routine as I thought it would be. So if you don't know I started Nursing school this week. I am in a Cohort at MCC through the Banner Nurse Fellows Program. My program is 15 months long. I graduate in June of 2010. Banner pays for my school (over $2,300) and all my books ($1,200). I then agreed to work for them for the first 3 years after I graduate or I repay them the money. I am so happy I found out about this program!! I didn't have to wait as long to start nursing school (usually the wait is 3 to 4 semesters), I don't have a summer (which sounds negative but it gets school done faster and I don't have too much time to forget things I have learned), I get between 1 to 3 weeks off after every block (every 14 weeks), I get to go to MCC which is where I really wanted to go to school but has the longest wait, Four girls from Mesa High are in the cohort with me (Mallory, April, Sara, and Chaya), I love my teachers they really are there to help me succeed, I have a job when I graduate, and the timing is perfect!!!
I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to go to school at this time. I was sad at first that it took me so long to get into school, but I know that Heavenly Father knows best and this really is the best time for me to be going to school. It is such a blessing to have girls in the cohort that I know and can study with. Also, it is perfect timing with Dallin and his job that it is more consistent now so I don't have to work. I am so grateful for Dallin. He is so supportive not only does he work but when he comes home he helps with the dishes after dinner and helps fold the laundry too. He is such a blessing to me in my life.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Luck Ashley. Really. I think it is awesome!! I wish I would have went to school at times. Maybe when my kids are all in school. Good luck!

Annette said...

We are happy for you Ashley and know you will do such a great job!

justin & mallory coffman said...

Amen to getting through our first week! no ashley, i am not reading right now like i should be....and i feel SO GUILTY! haha. btw, my cuff is defective. i had to pump it so freaking hard to get the needle to even move up! haha. so wish me luck. :) see you monday!

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

Mallory you are too funny! Yay for us making it through the first week! I'm so grateful to have our little group of girls in there together!

Brittany LeSueur said...

Ashley,you are so great and will be such an amazing nurse! I am so happy for you and this new adventure. Good luck..but I know you wont need it.

Kelsie Thueson said...

yay for school!!! no babies though :) that's ok though cuz then we'll have kiddos at the same time! good luck and enjoy!!

Cossebooms said...

You are going to do so well in school. Like I said this morning I look forward to calling you for help when my kids are sick. I'm glad it's working out with you going to school and Dallin working, and he's such a big help to you around the house. You guys are great!

Anonymous said...

ashley you are excellent @ taking blood pressure, so i am positive that you will make a great nurse!!! (: love you girl! if you need a break sometime call me! (:

Tisha and Mark said...

I was trying to stay away from your blog until Dallin's fingers were not on the main page...it makes me cringe! :) See you in the morning! :)

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Just found your blog. Love it! See you at class Thurs night.

Unknown said...

Hey I'm going to add you to my bloglist I hope you don't mind.