Thursday, August 13, 2009

what a perfect day.....

To ride a bike......

http://www.cksinfo.com/traffic/bicycles/index.html
So, my two sister is laws and I are planning a family "duathalon". (We don't want to do the swimming) Our plan is to have the event in November some time and it will consist of running three miles, then biking five miles, then run another two miles. So I figured I would start training for this fun day and since I have already been running (I'm not up to 5 miles yet, but I'll get there.) I decided to start with biking. This morning I decided to get up and ride my bike to my parents house. (I didn't calculate the mileage until after I left) It ended up being overcast and very cool outside with a light breeze. Who knew it would be a perfect day for a bike ride!!!! Well, it ended up being 8 miles, so a little over my goal, so I'll have to work on getting a better time cause I want to win the family duathalon. well, I don't think I could beat any of the boys in our family so maybe I'll just try and beat the girls!!!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

You're CRAZY! Good Luck!

Cossebooms said...

Wow, good for you riding 8 miles. Hope you win!

Karen said...

Hey, that picture of the bike looks just like the yellow Schwinn I bought with my hard earned babysitting money in 8th grade...a whopping $100! (that was alot of cash back then when the earth's crust was just cooling and dinosaurs roamed the earth and I walked uphill to school both ways!) Good luck in your endeavor. Maybe I will train with you. My legs were in great shape when I rode that bike everywhere I went!

Kelsie Thueson said...

hahaha. you're mom is great, I love her comment!! Good luck on your duatholon; you go girl!!

Tisha and Mark said...

I would skip the swimming part too- not my thing :) Your house looks great again :)