Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the house.....

So I just realized that I never posted pictures of our house. I still don't have very many, but the exterior of the house just got painted yesterday so I am really excited about that. While uploading the pictures of the outside I found a few Dallin had taken of the cabinets so I'll post those too. Hope you like it!!!

This is a before picture... I don't have any of when it was all rock and a disgusting tree that had thorns and all these seed pods. This picture was obviously taken when Dallin was re-doing the front yard.... he thankfully had help from many brothers and brothers in law!!
Notice the sweet green fascia... yeah not cute. can't really see it, but there is a hole in the side of the garage also where the previous owners had placed a lovely A/C unit cause some of the occupants were LIVING in the garage!!!!!
Because we live in a community that has an HOA I was a little nervous that we couldn't change the colors of our house that we would just have to re-paint it with the same colors, but a friend is on the HOA board and showed us a book of all the color options and I was way excited because the color options were very similar to the ones Dallin and I wanted to paint the house any ways. Big bonus I got to paint my front door red!!!! If you notice, no more hole in the garage!!! YES!!!
Look how much better the house looks with grass and a cute tree with out thorns or seed pods!!!
My favorite part..... the red door. I can't believe Dallin actually let me paint it red!
Thanks for the cabinets Dallin, I love them!
Please excuse the bags on the island I forgot to put some grocery bags away and of course that is when Dallin took pictures! haha
So I need some advice I really want the kitchen to look cute and decorated, so I started.... notice the few decorations up... but I feel like there is so much room above the cabinets that I would have to fill I almost think I should just leave it empty up there. Plus Dallin did so good on the cabinets I could just let them be the decorations themselves. Other walls have stuff on them but does it need more??? What do you think??

13 comments:

Kimberley said...

Very cute as always! Have mom help you with the decorations on top of the cabinets! She helped me with mine! And if you need anything to raise up the decorations so you can see them better, we have some Noni treats! Haha! That's what we used! I'm sure you could find way cute stuff at Hobby Lobby!

Unknown said...

I love it! It looks very nice especially the red door.

allie said...

CUTE CUTE! I want those cabinents in my house :o) Did your hubby do all that? If so you can tell him come on over! My kitchen SERIOSULY needs to be redone along with my FLOOR! AHHH it will never end. AHH! And your red door is HOT!

Kelsie Thueson said...

I love it! The grass is fabulous, much better than those rocks!!

Karen said...

I love the paint and especially the red door! What HOA wouldn't want you to repaint to make the neighborhood better looking? If you want to put more on the cabinets I'll help you but I didn't think you wanted to. The pictures of your amazing cabinets don't do them justice though....I'm with Allie...I want those cabinets too!

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness! I love your kitchen!!!! I'm so jealous. I always wondered how Dallin would design his own cabinets when the time came. Wood and everything falling in that category, was pretty much all he talked about since I can remember. We all used to tease him about his obsession... looks like it payed off though. Lucky you! Everything looks great! Tell him if he wants to do a job pro bono, we'd be more than happy to volunteer!!!

Anonymous said...

it seriously looks like a new house with the paint & the landscaping!!! it looks so awesome! i wanted to come say hi today while you were at your mom's but when i went outside, your truck was already gone. ): i need to come see you guys soon!

April and Mark said...

It looks amazing! Ah, I want to redo stuff in our house! I feel like I won't have time to until we're done with school... :(

Cossebooms said...

It looks great!!! It was fun to go check it out while it was being painted. I love the red door!! Your kitchen cabinets could be decoration enough, they are so beautiful. Dallin did a great job.

Lyndsay said...

Your house is so cute! I like the paint color you guys chose, it looks nice. This sounds typical but a plant or two always looks nice above cabinets like you have.

Anonymous said...

Wow your house is beautiful! I LOVE the red door and cabinets! I totally love it! Good job to you guys!

•stephanie• said...

thanks for the birthday wishes, ashley.
and, um . . .
same to you, but more of it!

The Estrada Family said...

It looks so good Ashley! Makes me want to do our front yard!