Sunday, October 25, 2009

Long time no post....... sorry

So its been a long time since I have posted anything...... sorry! I have been a little busy with school. But good news, I am half way done!!! yeah! Block three starts this week and I am soooo excited! We are learning about Pediatrics and Obstetrics. I think this will be my favorite semester.... well I am hoping at least. This material is what interests me the most right now. So in between semesters we get a little, and by little I mean 10 whole days..... (generous huh!) break. Dallin and I both needed a break bad so we wanted to make the most out of the time we had so we set out on a little cruise!!!! But before we left we went to the ASU game with Dallin's uncle Jeff and Aunt Carol and their family. We had a blast!!! Thanks for inviting us Jeff and Carol! Here are a few pictures from the night. This is Josh, Carol, and Maggie.
Josh is seriously the BIGGEST ASU fan I know. He was decked out in his ASU gear and was always cheering them on!!
Dallin and I at the game.... It was so hot! Don't mind the sweaty faces!
So onto the cruise... We left for the airport on Monday morning only to have our flight canceled due to mechanical problems (thanks us airways!) We were supposed to leave at 10:30, but it wasn't going to happen. So they tried to get us on another flight that would get us to San Diego in time to get on the boat. The boat left at 5 but wouldn't let people check in after 4:30. Well the only flight that they could get us on left Phoenix at 3 so we wouldn't get to San Diego till 4:05 leaving us 25 min to grab a taxi and race over to the dock. Luckily with some running we made it to the ship in time and left for Ensenada. It was a fun time, we went to this blow hole thing. It shot water straight up into the air. It was pretty neat actually! But in the words of Dallin.... once you have seen Ensenada once there is no reason to go see it again! haha there wasn't much to do there. This guy had us laughing for a while though.....The next day was a fun day at sea... we spent it sleeping in, going to the pool/ hot tub and lots and lots of eating! We also bought shirts that the money went to the make a wish foundation and ran a mile for the event. We had a blast! and yes it was the only time we went running on the whole trip... we were bad! The third day we went to Cabo San Lucus. We were afraid that we wouldn't be able to go there because of hurricane Rick, but luckily it turned and we were able to stop in Cabo. We went scuba diving off the coast of Lovers beach. They were fun dives. We saw a ton of different fish and coral as well as an octopus, sea horse, and some eels. Don't mind the mask lines around our faces. haha The water was so warm!!! We didn't even wear wet suits!
This is a bad picture of us, but you can see our ship in the background. This was Dallin's first cruise, and he was amazed at the size of the ship. There were 12 floors and it can hold like 2,000 people or something crazy like that!
This is where we went scuba diving. It was sooo pretty!
It was so much fun to get to spend time with Dallin. With him being so busy at work and me studying the days away lately with school it seems like we haven't had much time to just hang out together, but this trip gave us so much time to just hang out. It was so relaxing!One of the my favorite parts was dinner every night. Not only cause the food was soooo good and I didn't have to cook it, but because we got to dress up every night to go. There aren't many opportunities to dress up and go to a fancy restaurant for dinner when we are at home, so it was fun to go every night! Sadly, we only took pictures one night before dinner.Dallin is so handsome!!! I can't get over it! Another one of my favorite parts was not having to make my bed. That sounds lazy.... and I guess it is, but they make your bed twice a day (cause of course you take a mid after noon nap) and they turn your bed down before you go to bed! Every night we got to look forward to a different hand made towel animal! these are the only ones I took pictures of..... we think this one is an armadillo.... maybe
We think this one is a penguin....... again maybe............
not sure what this is........ any guesses???
So on our last day we were at sea once again. We just hung out all day, but we also went goofy golfing! It was interesting to say the least. Imagine a boat rocking and trying to putt... hard let me tell you! but lots of fun!There was also a rock wall, but we never did climb it. It looked really fun though! We said next time we will have to try it. So sorry for the long post, but I had a ton of pictures I couldn't decided which to leave out! This was a much needed break and I am so glad Dallin and I were able to go and spend much needed time together! Thanks to my mom and dad for watching Bosco for us. They spoiled him and had way too much fun having a dog for a week. You'll have to check out my mom's blog soon for a post about her week with Bosco. It should be funny! haha

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had a really fun time!!! glad you made it to the ship in time!

Afton LeSueur said...

Glenn and I guess that the last one is either a chicken or a person laying cross legged. Your trip sounds so fun!

Lyndsay said...

That looks so fun, Im glad to hear you guys made it on time and things went so well!

Jamie said...

Ashley, you are going to be the most wonderful nurse. It looks like you had a fun break!

Kelsie Thueson said...

aahhh glad you had fun!!! I went to that same beach (Lovers Beach) in Cabo! Your next trip should be accompanied by Cade and I...just a thought :)

The Estrada Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Estrada Family said...

That is so awesome your pictures look good and I'm glad you guys had fun! I would love to go on a cruise one day!

Courtney said...

awesome! I am so glad you posted. I think the un-named towel is a person reclining. I always had fun dressing up for the dinners too! Lover's cove was the place where I almost got killed by the waves cuz me and Meagan went out for a swim and got caught in the waves breaking right on the sand. There was a crowd gathered to see if we were okay afterwards. haha. fun times....

justin & mallory coffman said...

Oh my gosh how scary that your flight got cancelled!!! But glad you guys made it! Looks like you guys had a blast! Now time to face Block 3!!!!!!!! ugh.